My agency represents middle grade, YA, and adult fiction in a variety of genres.
In general, I’m looking to represent mystery, suspense, thriller, horror, contemporary romance and family stories, women’s fiction, and lighter science fiction and fantasy. I do not represent high/epic fantasy.
Although anyone who writes in these genres is welcome to query me, I do have some favorite things I like to read about. Right now, I’d love to see:
– Books set in prisons, hospitals, and shopping malls
– Workplace dramas, especially if they’re YA
– Edgy, envelope-pushing, potentially controversial, and dark YA
– YA and MG about body issues
– Psychological thrillers
– Domestic thrillers
– Characters who work in law enforcement
– Anything with a creepy, gothic-style setting
– Friendship dramas, including friendship breakups
– Stories about sisters
– Characters who are ballet dancers, gymnasts, and cheerleaders
– LGBTQ stories for any audience
– Science fiction and fantasy set in our world or one similar to it
– Magical realism for any audience
– Medical thrillers
Some books I’ve read and enjoyed recently include the Midnight, Texas series by Charlaine Harris, OF METAL AND WISHES by Sarah Fine, ONLY EVER YOURS by Louise O’Neill, and LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE by Jessica Knoll.
Submissions email: email@example.com
Twitter handle: @carliebeth